HomeLocal NewsKonongo-Odumasi explosion: Gov’t donates GH₵5k to 30 affected houses

Konongo-Odumasi explosion: Gov’t donates GH₵5k to 30 affected houses

At least 30 houses were completely burnt down in a deadly mining dynamite explosion at a container shop in Konongo-Odumasi in the Ashanti Region on Wednesday, March 5, 2025. Ashanti Regional Minister Dr. Frank Amoakohene disclosed this during his visit to the explosion scene on the evening of Thursday, March 6, 2025.

Speaking to the media, he said, “I received the unfortunate news through the Ashanti North Regional Police Commander that someone was selling mining explosive materials such as dynamite. Now, I’m told 30 houses were affected. I have directed NADMO to conduct their assessment so we can identify the affected people and release some mattresses, among other items, to support them immediately. For houses that need re-roofing, the government will provide support,” he said.

On behalf of the government, Dr. Frank Amoakohene also donated five thousand Ghana cedis (GH₵5,000) to each house affected by the fire. “Nananom, in collaboration with the coordinating director for the Konongo District, will lead this exercise to distribute the money to the affected houses,” he noted.

The minister further assured the community that a team of investigators had been tasked with conducting a thorough investigation to ensure there were no hidden mining explosives in any house or shop in the area, preventing further disasters.

 “Nananom, our team of investigators will be here to conduct checks in the community. They are not here to intimidate you. We just don’t want this unfortunate incident to happen in this mining town again. So, when you see them, please support their work. If you know anyone selling mining explosive materials, please alert us so we can retrieve them. Such materials are not supposed to be kept in communities. There are strict protocols that need to be adhered to in handling them,” he pleaded.

Meanwhile, the owner of the exploded mining dynamite, who is currently on the run, is wanted by the police to assist in investigations.

Source: Ghana/Starrfm.com.gh/Isaac Justice Bediako

Benjamin Mensah
Benjamin Mensahhttps://freshhope1.org
Benjamin Mensah [Freshhope] is a young man, very passionate about the youth of this Generation. Very friendly, reliable and very passionate about the things of God and all that I do. The mission is to inform, educate and entertain. Feel free to send your whatsapp messages to +233266550849 and call on +233242645676
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Janet Obenewaa on BEFORE AND AFTER “I DO”.
Nanayaw Frimpong on BEFORE AND AFTER “I DO”.
Nanayaw Frimpong on BEFORE AND AFTER “I DO”.
Abwaresen Joseph on DANGEROUS WOMEN TO STAY WITH
Asiedua Naomi on LOVE vs MONEY.
Ewuraa on LOVE vs MONEY.
Francis selorm Agbosu on Power of Anger
Ewuraa on Power of Anger
Ewuraba on THE POWER OF WORDS.