What is Fear? Fear is an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain, or harm; others may say, FEAR is [False Evidence Appearing Real]. There are different types of Fear, but let’s talk about the fear that restrict or prevent you from doing something or taking a bold step in life.
This type of fear prevent you from moving on in life because it brings a lot of if questions; example, what if things did not go the way I planned it? what if he/she disappoint me? what if they laugh at me? etc…in as much as it is good to ask all these questions before making a move, it should not stop you are put unholy fear in you as to stop us from making that move.
Now let’s see how we can over that Fear;
1. Awareness: Before you can begin overcoming fear, you have to be aware that your fears are causing havoc in your life. It’s easy to get so attached to your thoughts and feelings that you think they are all that exist, which couldn’t be further from the truth. You are not your fears. You are the awareness that experiences it.
2. Identify: Get specific about what exactly you’re afraid of. Look at the pictures you have in your head about the situation. What is happening in them? What are you really scared of? Become an observer of your inner space.
3. Face your fears: Avoiding fears only makes them scarier. Whatever your fear, if you face it, it should start to fade. If you panic one day getting into a lift, for example, it’s best to get back into a lift the next day.
4. Go back to the basis: Lots of people turn to alcohol or drugs to self-treat anxiety, but this will only make matters worse. Simple, everyday things like a good night’s sleep, a wholesome meal and a walk are often the best cures for anxiety.
5. Reward yourself: Finally, give yourself a treat. When you’ve made that call you’ve been dreading, for example, reinforce your success by treating yourself to a massage, a country walk, a meal out, a book, a DVD, or whatever little gift makes you happy.
Finally ‘Fear not’ is repeated 365 times in the KJV bible which simple means that each and every day the good Lord is encouraging us to be of good courage and not to allow fear to ruin our lives. Isaiah 41:10 says;
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’